Thursday 25 April 2013

Interview with a Paralympics athlete

Interviewee: Andrea Georgiou (Basketball player)

•    In which sport are you practicing the most?
I’ m playing basketball since seven and I train with the special Olympic Cyprus team for seven year.
•    Why did you choose basketball?
Not a particular reason. I just try to play basketball once and I loved it! I created a lot of friends and basketball became a way of living for me!
•    Do you like practicing in the training centre?
Comparing the athletic centres and equipment in Cyprus with athletic centers and equipment of other countries I feel a little bit underestimated. Although I enjoy our training session.
•    What is your relationship with your team mates?
Very good! We have very close relation. I don’t have team mates I have brothers.
•    In How many competition did you participate so far.
European basketball tournament in Russian, 2002. World sport festival, Rodos, 2004. Ireland 2006.  World summer’s special Olympic Games in Athens, 2011. This year we will participate in the world winter special Olympic games in Korea.
•    What where your results?
In Ireland we achieved the second place, in Greece as well.
•    What was your best experience?
In Ireland. Not only because of the excellent organization but also for the beauties of the country.
•    What is your achievement by doing sports?
As I said before I create new targets and goals and I gain a lot of experience.
•    What are the most important skills for a basketball player?
I will talk for our team (special Olympic Cyprus basketball team) and I will say that the most important thing is the love and the devotion for the sport.  We are not the most skillful team but we are a team. All player are equal in our team.
•    What is your best memory of all this year?
Three years ago I had a bad injury during the practice. All my team mates were very supportive to me. I felt that I had a second family.
•    What is your advice for us, the kids?
Join sport because the benefits you will gain are crucial. Sports will help you to create good friends, to avoid dangerous habits and the most important you will realize that your very capable!! More than you can ever thing.
•    Thank you!


Authors:                   Odiseas Stavrou B1
                                Konstantinos Konstantinides, B4

No comments:

Post a Comment